|“||Remember how we always thought there wasn't a way to kill a toon? Well, Doom found the way: turpentine, acetone, benzene; he calls it the Dip!||„|
|~ Lt. Santino about the Dip.|
The Dip is a ghastly green chemical invention that is used by Judge Doom in the 1988 fantasy/comedy movie Who Framed Roger Rabbit. It dissolves anything that is a cartoon.
The Dip was used by Judge Doom to "execute" any toon that broke the law. He was intending to use to Dip on Roger Rabbit for the murder of Marvin Acme. But his true intention was to use the Dip to wipe out all Toons so he could create a freeway. Ironically, Judge Doom ended up getting killed by the very weapon he used to end all toon life. After Doom died, Eddie wiped out the Dip with water.
- The Dip is said, according to Lieutenant Santino, to be made of Turpentine, Acetone, and Benzene, which are all paint thinners.
- The Nostalgia Chick placed it at Number 1 of the Top Ten Disney Deaths.
- The Dip is the Toon equivalent of the human death penalty.
- The liquid "Thinner", from the Epic Mickey series, strongly resembles the Dip.
- Judge Doom invented a vehicle machine called the "Dipmobile" which would have dissolved all of Toontown into oblivion using the Dip chemical. Fortunately, after all the dip in the machine was all dried up during Judge Doom's death, it was destroyed by an oncoming toon train.