|“||Get a load of this!||„|
|~ Dr. Eggman unleashing the Egg Beater upon his enemies.|
The Egg Beater is a huge robotic battle suit created by Dr. Eggman designed to counter all of Sonic the Hedgehog's abilities. This robot is actually the first, and so far only, machine Eggman has made that has defeated Sonic the Hedgehog in the entire comic series. The first model was Egg Beater I and the final model after that was Egg Beater II.
The Egg Beater is colored red, black, grey and yellow, and has red metal mustache and has spikes all over body. It also has star bumper shield, teleportation beams, checker-wrecker-ball flail, shoulder mounted missile pods, wrist mounted laser blasters, teleportation of other objects, flight, super strength and combat capabilities to defeat Sonic the Hedgehog in battle.
It was used during the successful attack on Knothole and later to attack New Mobotropolis. While originally it utterly defeated Sonic, the suit was destroyed by the combined efforts of the Knothole Freedom Fighters and the Chaotix. The suit was armed with a giant spiked ball/mace and carried a shield capable of deflecting powerful attacks.
When Snively later had betrayed the Eggman Empire, Eggman went after him and found Snively, along with the Iron Queen. Snively controlled the Iron Oni and had chased Eggman through the Dragon Kingdom. Fortunately, Orbot and Cubot summoned a pod from the Egg 'Stache Flyer and Eggman went into the machine that was inside it. The machine was a remodeled version of the Egg Beater that was designed to be immune to the Iron Queen's Magitek and Eggman used it to defeat Snively and lock him up in an Prison Egg.
- The battle suit was actually never given a name in the comics, but writer Ian Flynn stated he and the rest of the staff called it the "Egg Beater" in a Q & A thread on his message board.
- This is, by far, the only robot Eggman has built that has beaten Sonic in the entire franchise. Its name is probably named after the defeat of Sonic.
- This battlesuit's defeat however was the key event that began Dr. Eggman's slow, but gradually increasing descent to madness that would not be fully achieved until 23 issues later in Archie Sonic the Hedgehog #200, the 8th milestone issue.
- The Egg Beater combines elements of several boss machines from the Sonic video games; its wrecking ball is borrowed from a recurring boss first seen in the original game, the missile barrage may be a reference to a boss in Sonic The Hedgehog 3, while its shield and foot design both seem lifted from the first boss of Sonic CD. Its general form also resembles the final boss in the game Sonic The Hedgehog 2.
- The Egg Beater also shares a strong resembles to Metal Robotnik from the Sonic OVA movie.
- When Eggman says "Get a load of this!", it is referencing his iconic phrase in Sonic Adventure.