|“||Failed? Doctor Doom does not fail!||„|
|~ Doctor Doom|
Even Evil Makes Mistakes is a scenario about a villain whom, during performing something evil, made a terrible mistake that resulting disadvantages on their side or worse, defeat by the hero.
Over the course of conflict between good and evil where the hero finally defeated a villain, the said victory is not always contributed by the hero alone. When the villain worked on his/her evil schemes, he/she sometimes missed some flaws in the said schemes, resulting a loophole which either resulting the said plan not goes like what intended to be or gave the hero better advantage.
Aside flaws on evil plans, other forms of mistakes that a villain done that causes severe disadvantages in the conflict between good and evil are:
- Trusting a particular minion too much: The villain may had a minion that they trusted like family, but he/she failed to see the said union's treachery, whether due to the said minion being a spy from the hero's side or a power hungry character that worse than the villain him/herself.
- Overestimate Goodness: Some villains may done horrible things or evil so much that they sees various forms of goodness (ex. love, friendship, etc.) as useless red tape that should not taken seriously, which turned out to be their downfall as the hero managed to triumph over him/her due to strengthened by support from the said hero's loved ones and friends. Not only that, the villain may also not taking any serious precautions to dealing minions whom turned against him/her due to either their loved ones being threatened or clashing view about goodness. Had the said villain not comprehend how goodness can keep the heroes forward, the downfall won't surprisingly disastrous.
- Enjoying The Hero's Suffering Too Much: The more sadistic villains may sees the hero's suffering as fun, even so far to ruin his/her innocence for greater pleasure, but the said pleasure resulting them lower their guards, unaware that torments that they done instead made the hero become more dangerous, particulary if the said torment strengthened whatever resolve that they had. Im other case, the hero allowed themselves to be tortured so the villain would be too distracted from handling anything else (ex. Bellatrix's pleasure from torturing Hermione made her lower her guard that the latter took a sample of her hair required for later plan to infiltrate Gringgots bank where one of Horcruxes kept).
- Armed a captured hostage: Some villains who held a hostage may later proved either too arrogant or simply an idiot who doesn't know how to ensure their said hostage from becoming a threat as bad as heroes who tried to rescue him/her. These villains may either experimented on the said hostage by gave him/her powers against his/her consent, locked him/her near their weapons/gadgets cache, or put an armed weapon near him/her that will active and killed them if they wished to. But if the said hostage unexpectedly turned their given powers/weapons/gadgets against these villains while the hero still looking for him/her or occupied in the fight against them, this proved to be their undoing. This form of mistake would be embarrassing had most of the credit for defeating these villains given to their hostages (ex. Aldritch Killian's action in experimented Pepper Pots, love interest of Tony Stark aka. Iron Man was the consequence of his embarrassing downfall as he gave her more than enough powers to aid Tony and even single-handedly defeat him.)
- Discord: Made mistake making deal with Tirek and in result was betrayed by him.
- Jasper:In his pursuit to get his revenge on Steven and co. (including the reformed Lapis Lazuli who join the gang), he made a mistake by fusing with monster gem and in result was get corrupted and mutated.
- Mr. Burns:
- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz: In the movie, he overestimated his 2nd dimension counterpart's evil nature that the latter decided to disposed him after they got Perry and device for travel between dimensions fixed.
- Aldritch Killian: He has dangerously uses Extremis serum on Pepper Potts to demoralized Tony Stark aka. Iron Man as he beat the hero. Unfortunately, in the middle of his boast over his seemingly triumph against Tony, Pepper (whom body revealed to compatible with the serum) suddenly showed up and smack Killian before defeating him by herself, resulting his humiliating defeat.