The Forsaken Fortress is Ganondorf's first lair in the video game The Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker.
The Forsaken Fortress resides at the farthest Northwest area of the Great Sea. To get to the fortress, a seafaring traveler would have to maneuver around exploding barrels and a turbulent ocean.
Being a dark and gloomy area, The Forsaken Fortress retains a threatening aura. Bokoblins manage searchlights at the top of three tall towers, and Moblins search the grounds for any intruders. Inside the fortress, there are many holding cells for prisoners, as well as Moblins, making their rounds. At the very top of the fortress lies the cabin where Ganondorf resides, as well as the nest of the Helmaroc King.
- A modified version of the Sheikah Eye Symbol makes a small appearance near the top of the Forsaken Fortress.
- This is also one of the only 2 dungeons without a Warp Jar. The other is Tower of the Gods.
- The Forsaken Fortress is unique in that, like Skull Woods in A Link to the Past, it has multiple entrances and exits, given the fact that only the interior is considered to be the dungeon itself (as seen in the Dungeon Map), and the exterior territory belongs to the Great Sea overworld. For the same reason, this fortress is the only dungeon in the game whose boss is fought and defeated outside.
- The tune that plays as Link is thrown in jail also plays in Four Swords Adventures and in the Infiltration of Hyrule Castle when the Links are thrown in jail after being spotted by the searchlights.
- Despite seagulls appearing near Aryll's cell room, Link is not able to control them using a Hyoi Pear.