If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
Genocide is the deliberate and systematic destruction, in whole or in part, of an ethnic, racial, religious, or national group. Countless genocides have been commited throughout history and fiction as well. Just like in real life, genocide in fiction is the systemmatic targetting and extermination of a certain ethnic, racial, religious, national group or even a specific species.
Examples of Genocide
- Throughout the Star Wars franchise, the Galactic Empire had commited numerous acts of genocide throughout their reign over the galaxy.
- On Geonosis, the Empire had sterilized the entire planet and waged a genocide on the planet against the native Geonosian species. Imperial forces bombed and sterilized the entire planet and slaughtered billions of beings and nearly killed off the entire Geonosian species.
- On Lasan, the Imperial Military had used T-7 Ion Distruptor Rifles against the native Lasat race during the Imperial invasion of the planet. The result of the use of the rifles was massive devestation layed against the planet and the near-extinction of the Lasat species.
- Darth Sidious had instigated Order 66 which lead to the deaths of the majority of the Jedi and the destruction of the Jedi Order. After it was revealed that two hundred Jedi had survived, he then instigated the Great Jedi Purge to wipe out the survivng Jedi from Order 66 and exterminate the Jedi from the face of the galaxy.
- Despite having a heroic portrayal, the Galactic Republic has been guilty of commiting genocide as well throughout its existance over the course of whole centuries.
- In 5000 BBY shortly after the Great Hyperspace War, the Republic had sent their forces to the Sith world of Korriban where they were tasked with wipping out the last remnants of the Sith Empire. The result was not only the destruction of the Imperial remnants, but also the near-extinction of the entire Sith species.
- During the Battle of Atraken, the Republic forces were forced to conduct an orbital bombardment agianst Separatist positions due to their strong defenses. While the Republic did win, over 90% of the civilian population on the planet was slaughtered in the ensuing strikes and made the victory hollow for the Republic.
- The Confederacy of Independent Systems had launched a systemmatic massacre on the planet of Dathomir towards the later stages of the war to kill Asajj Ventress and wipe out the Nightsisters clan by orders of Count Dooku. In the ensuing battle, Grievous had killed the Nightsisters' elder and the entire clan was eventually killed off with only Ventress and Mother Talzin surviving.