The Great Jedi Purge, also known as the "Jedi Purge (same alias as the First Jedi Purge and the Third Jedi Purge), the Second Jedi Purge, and Palpatine's Purge, was a major galaxy-wide military campaign carried out by the Galactic Empire and the Order of the Sith Lords. It was a galaxy-wide conflict which sought to root out and exterminate all the Jedi who had survived Order 66 and execute them and destroy the remnants of the Jedi Order.
The purge officially began in the year 19 BBY at the end of the Clone Wars with Emperor Sheeve Palpatine giving out the order to all Clone soldiers to execute their Jedi commanders and Operation: Knightfall which lead to the destruction of the Jedi Order. Despite the success at first however, around 200 Jedi had survived Order 66 and Palpatine had considered them a threat to the point of initiating the purge to wipe them all out.
BackgroundThe purge officially began in 19 BBY after Chancellor Palpatine was revealed to have been the Dark Lord of the Sith named Darth Sidious, all along and so, Jedi Master Mace Windu and 3 other members of the Jedi Masters had went in to arrest him. While Palpatine had succeeded in killing three of the 4 Jedi High Council members at first, Mace Windu had overwhelmed him and was soon defeated after former Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker (later known as Darth Vader) came in and cut off Windu's hand giving Palpatine the chance to kill him. Afterwards, Sidious had made Anakin his new apprentice and dubbed him as Darth Vader and would send him out to the Jedi Temple to eradicate the Jedi Order and kill every single member of the order along with the help of a large detacthment of 501st Clones.
Operation: KnightfallAfter Anakin had became Darth Vader, Palpatine had given out the command to all Clone forces across the galaxy to execute Order 66 and have all Jedi Commanders killed. Across the galaxy, the order had been carried out and countless Jedi Commanders were killed by their clone soldiers. Back on Coruscant, Vader and the 501st Legion, had marched into the Jedi Temple and raided it. There, they systematically killed every single Jedi Knight, Master, and Padawan that was present as well as the temple security forces. The operation was a major success as it lead to the complete destruction of the Jedi Order with most of its members dead and its council dissolved. Afterwards, a beacon was activated to trick all Jedi Knights who survived Order 66 to return to the temple believing that it was safe but, it was a trap set up to lure them in and have them be killed by the Clone soldiers that were stationed there.
Decleration of a New Order
After Operation Knightfall was carried out, Palpatine had addressed the Galactic Senate where he gave a speech talking about how the Jedi had conspired to have him assassinated and that they were the enemies of the Galactic Republic. He fabricated the truth that his attempted arrest was a coup made against the Republic by the Jedi and that now that they were traitors, he would have them hunted down and executed for their crimes. He then declared a new order where he officiall dissolved the Galactic Republic and instead, he reformed it into the Galactic Empire for the security of the galaxy and its people. He was then greated with roaring applause and cheers and thus, the Empire was established and the Great Jedi Purge had begun.
Conclave on Kessel
One month after the execution of Order 66 and the downfall of the Jedi, around 200 Jedi membes had survived and went into hiding. Palpatine, unwilling to allow the remnants of the Jedi Order to remain active, had sent out Imperial Soldiers and his apprentice, Darth Vader, to hunt down the survivng Jedi and have them killed. On the planet of Kessel, a group of Jedi who survived Order 66 had gathered in an abandoned mine where Jedi Knight Shadday Potkin had called for the creation of a Jedi conclave on the planet. Many survivng Jedi had gathered and there, they had discussed the Imperial campaign to wipe them out and what should they do about it. Despite the conclave having been a gathering ground however, it was really a trap set up as a means of killing Vader.
Darth Vader eventually found out about the conclave after hearing a rumor that his former master, Obi Wan Kenobi, would be present there as one of the Jedi attending it. He eventually arrived however, he was confronted with a large group of Jedi and none of them was Obi Wan. Potkin and the enclave confronted Vader and were soon met with his demand to know where Obi Wan was but in response, they attacked him though in truth, none of them knew where Obi Wan really was. Despite putting up their best efforts however, all of the Jedi were killed, including Potkin. After the operation, rumors had spread that the enclave had consisted of around fifty Jedi, but in truth it was only eight, but the rumors were made true officially by Emperor Palpatine and stated that the rest of the Jedi either died in deadly power struggles or were executed for their crimes against the empire.
First Invasion of Kashyyyk
Immediately after Order 66 was issued in 19 BBY, Jedi Padawana nd survivor, Olee Starstone, had traveled to the Wookie homeworld of Kashyyk in search of any surviving Jedi that were on the planet. This was part of her long-term journey to locate any Jedi Knights that have survived Order 66 and Kashyyyk was one of her targets. She traveled to Kashyyk due to the fact that Jedi Master Luminara Unduli, Quinlan Vos, and Yoda were all stationed on Kashyyyk at the time when Order 66 was initiated. Olee had landed on the planet and she was accompanied by a group of other surviving Jedi - Siadem Forte, Deran Nalual, Klossi Anno, Iwo Kulka, Jambe Lu, and Nam Poorf, and the slicer Filli Bitters. They eventually met up with the Wookies Tarfful and Chewbacca where the Jedi had learned that Master Yoda was able to have survived Order 66 but their meeting was cut short when an Imperial CR25 Troop Carrier had arrived and interrupted the meeting.
Not long after the arrival of the Jedi, Darth Vader and Wilhuff Tarkin had arrived with a fleet of Imperial ships and began an invasion of the Wookie homeworld upon arriving in the Kashyyyk system. The Imperial Forces had arrived with Vader's goal on the planet to wipe out the fugitive Jedi and Tarkin wanting to enslave the Wookies to assist in the construction of the Death Star. The Imperial Fleet Commanders were very eager to launch an orbital bombardment of the planet but Vader had instead instructed them to bomb various Wookie cities instead and pave the way for a ground invasion of the planet. The Imperial Forces then deployed various TIE Fighters and TIE Bombers to attack various Wookie cities such as Kachirho, Rwookrrorro, Kepitenochan, Okikuti, and Chenachochan. This intern, left the Wookies' defenses decimated and paved the way for an Imperial ground assault. Afterwards, the Imperial forces had began their invasion and sent their ground forces to the planet's surface.
At Kachihiro, the Imperial Army had landed and deployed various legions of Stormtroopers to the planet. There, they demanded that the Wookies hand over the Jedi but they refused to and the Stormtroopers were then attacked by enraged Wookies. Startstone and her Jedi had soon joined the fight but the Imperial Forces were massive and the Jedi were forced to defend the Wookies as they evacuated from the city as a means of escaping enslavement. TIE Fighters were deployed and engaged the Wookies in the air against their Oevvoar Jet Catamarans as well as other military hardware that was salvaged from the Battle of Kashyyyk during the Clone Wars (mainly salvaged Confederate military equipment and tanks). During the battle, Vader had landed on the planet and engaged Starstone and her Jedi in combat where he killed Forte and Kulka and injured Lu, Poorf, and Anno, leaving Starstone alone in facing Vader. Starstone briefly fought off Vader before her allies came to save her including Jedi Master Roan Shryne who battled Vader while Starstone retreated. The fight between the two was interrupted however when the Imperial gunships retreated from Kachihiro after the star destroyers had gotten into position and began their orbital bombardment of the city. Master Shryne had died during the ensuing battle when Vader left him to die at the hands of the orbital strikes and Kashyyyk had then fallen to the Empire and its inhabitants would be used to construct the Death Star afterwards.
Second Invasion of Kashyyyk
A year after the first Imperial invasion on Kashyyyk in 18 BBY, the Empire would return after it was discovered that another Jedi Knight was hiding out on the planet and was being supported by the Wookies. The Imperial Forces had dispatched their forces once more and invaded Kashyyyk under the command of Darth Vader where they were to execute Kento Marek, the surviving Jedi Knight on the planet, and supress the Wookie uprising. Vader and the Imperials cut through the Wookie forrests and defenses and eventually, Vader faced off against Master Marek and battled him. He eventually defeated him and killed him after Vader found out he had a son. He then took the son, Galan Merek, into Imperial custody and would train him to be Vader's secret apprentice and to be Sith assassin of the Order of the Sith Lords.
Regime Change on Naboo
Back on the planet of Naboo, the planet's queen, Apailana, had ordered all of Naboo's ambassador's back home and began to seek military solutions believing that diplomacy had failed. Queen Apailana had sheltered fugitive Jedi and housed them from the Empire. Eventually however, the Empire caught word of the queen's dissent and sent in the 501st Legion to supress the rebellion on the emperor's homeworld. Stormtroopers of the 501st Legion entered into the city of Theed and, supported by TX-130T Fighter Tanks, engaged the rebellious Royal Naboo Security Forces in combat and had the auto-turret system disbaled to allow in the tanks. The Jedi eventually sprung up and engaged the Imperial Forces to buy time for the queen to escape however, it was in vain as the queen was shot dead by a 501st sniper and the Jedi Knights all killed by the Stormtroopers and most of the Naboo forces were killed. Eventually, Apailana was replaced with Kylantha as the Queen of Naboo and the planet was placed back under Imperial control once more.
During the purge Vader had went to the farming colony of Talasea and wiped it out for harboring an unknown Jedi and killed the last Curator of Records on Tool along with the support of other Stormtroopers. In 10 BBY, Imperial Inquisitor Lord Antinnis Tremayne had captured and tortured Jedi Knights Darrin Arkanian and his apprentice Corwin Shelvay on Coruscant. Arkanian had engaged the Imperial Inquisitor in a lightsaber battle during an escape attempt but he was killed and Corwin struck the inquisitor's eye foricng him to get cybernetics to prevent him from getting off-world and to avenge his master. Shevelry then became a target and the inquisitor was sent to the Outer Rim to find and capture the rogue Jedi Knight.
Around this time however, rebellions and insurrections had began to spring up across various Imperial worlds. On Mustafar, there was a Geonosian by the name of Gizor Delso, a Geonosian Separatist Scientist who took refuge on the firey world and had built up his own private droid army. The 501st Legion was sent to Mustafar to deal with Delso and his droid army but were caught by surprise at how organized and efficiant Delso's droids were and had put up a decent fight. The 501st Legion however, managed to win and Delso was killed. Delso was part of a larger rebellion as numerous resistance groups would be formed called the Separatist Holdouts, rebel groups formed from remnants of the Confederacy of Independent Systems and they would play a role in the Galactic Civil War and many survivng Jedi had fought for the holdouts such as Dass Jennir.
In 12 BBY, a group of Kaminoans had decided to form a resistance organization and cloned an army of soldiers known as Anti-Troopers, Clone soldiers that were loyal to Kamino and had military gear from the early stages of the Clone Wars. The 501st was sent in to deal with the rebellious Kaminoans and were supported by Boba Fett who helped crush the uprising and kill the resistance leaders. Afterwards, the Empire had won and it lead to the dissolution of the resistance and Kamino being placed back under Imperial control. Both the Kamino Uprising and the Battle of Mustafar were key uprisings as both almost kickstarted a second clone war had the Imperial military not been successful in crushing them.
Foundation of the Rebellion
Around 3 BBY, seventeen years into the purge, Jedi General Rahm Kota had appeared once more in the galaxy after hiding in dormancy following the execution of Order 66. He was in charge of his own private militia and had launched numerous attacks against Imperial targets. He eventually appeared over Nar Shaddaa where he and his militia had tooken over an Imperial TIE Fighter Construction Yard and the station was turned into a battle ground. Darth Vader had used the ensuing battle as an oppritunity to send Starkiller, Galen Marek, to the station to kill Kota and bring his lightsaber to Vader. Starkiller had arrived at the station and had dueled with Kota after dealing with both Imperial and militia forces alike.
This would be the first of many missions that Starkiller would go one as he would be sent on numerous missions where he was tasked with targeting and assassinating any survivng Jedi that was found across the galaxy. Starkiller would travel to planets such as Raxus Prime and Felucia where he would hunt down and battle Jedi Knights Kazdan Paratus and Shaak Ti and kill them by the orders of Vader. One target would be Marris Brood, a Dark Jedi and an apprentice of Shaak Ti who took over after she had died. Starkiller would return to kill her and rescue Senator Bail Organa but would spare her after hearing her emotional plee. Organa was rescued nonetheless and traveled to Corellia where he would meet with other rebellious senators and resistance leaders and officially create the Alliance to Restore the Republic.
Resurrgence of the Jedi
Following the formation of the Rebel Alliance, Darth Vader had traveled to Corellia and had the senators and Kota captured and brought to the Death Star with an auidience with Darth Sidious and were stationed to be interrogated to find the location of their allies before being executed. Galen Marek however, had interviened and saved the rebel leaders at the cost of his life. The senators and Kota fled from the Death Star and officially founded the Rebel Alliance on the planet of Kashyyyk. With the formation of the alliance, it began another conflict known as the Galactic Civil War where the alliance would wage a galaxy-wide uprising against the Galactic Empire in hopes of overthrowing it and restoring the Galactic Republic.
Following the beginning of the civil war, many survivng Jedi had came out of hiding and fought on the side of the rebellion to help overthrow Sidious and restore the Jedi back to their former glory. Rahm Kota was one of them and he had became a prominent commander in the Alliance army and even staged a successful invasion against the Imperial world of Kamino. Other Jedi would also emerge and fight for the rebelloion as well, most notably Luke Skywalker and Starkiller's clone.
By the year 1 BBY, the purge was brought to an end by Palpatine's orders. While he did recognize that many Jedi had still survived, he deemed them too weak to oppose the Empire and stopped hunting the surviving Jedi all together and Darth Vader had complied as well. The systemmatic purge had resulted in the deaths of the majority of the Jedi who had survived Order 66 and saw the near-extinction of the Jedi but, they had managed to survive nonetheless and continue to fight for peace, truth, and justice. After the formation of the Alliance to Restore the Republic and the instigation of the Galactic Civil War, many survivng Jedi had came out of hiding and fought on behalf of the rebellion to bring down the empire and restore the Galactic Republic that the Jedi had fought for generations.
While the Jedi were nearly wipped out entirely, there were still many Jedi who had survived the purge and continued to keep the Jedi Order alive and well. Many of the survivng Jedi had fled to planets that were sparsely populated and/or were in the Unknown Regions where the Empire wouldn't find them and so that civilians wouldn't be killed in the process. Many survivng Jedi had eventually sprung up and became commanders for the rebellion.
- Yoda: Survived in hiding on Dagobah until his death in 4 ABY.
- Master Djinn Altis: Founded split faction of the Jedi Order called the Altisian Jedi. The Altisian Jedi, served in the Clone Wars not as generals but as healers helping refugees. With the execution of Order 66, the Altisian Jedi were forced to go underground. Eventually coming into contact with other Jedi survivors they formed a movement to smuggle out anyone who was on the run from Imperial authorities. Master Altis used his ship the Chu'unthor (Clone Wars) as the headquarters of the movement and hid Jedi survivors there.
- Master Aqinos: Excommunicated by the Jedi Order; joined the New Jedi Order only to be killed in the Yuuzhan Vong War.
- Ood Bnar: In tree-state on Ossus for the past several millennia. Awakened in 10 ABY to save Luke Skywalker before being destroyed.
- Lady Caryn: Trained Ana Tathis during the Dark Times before disappearing again.
- Master Thracia Cho Leem: Survived by virtue of the fact that she was not an active member of the Order.
- Minos Fel'Kona: Survived Order 66 and went into hiding.
- Quinlan Vos: Survived Order 66 and went into hiding with Khaleen Hentz and his son Korto Vos
- Kina Ha: Survived after being transported to Mandalore by Nyreen Vollen.
- A'Sharad Hett: Hid on Korriban; corrupted by the dark side, reemerging as the Dark Lord of the Sith in over a hundred years later.
- Ikrit: Not an active member of the Order; in stasis on Yavin 4.
- Darrus Jeht: Survived the explosion of the Shadowblade during the Clone Wars. Was placed into a protective chamber by his droid R-0. His fate after that is unknown.
- Dass Jennir: Survived with the help of a group of former separatists and smugglers.
- Jerec: Survived under the Empire as part of the Inquisitorius; killed by Kyle Katarn in 5 ABY.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Survived in hiding on Tatooine; killed by Darth Vader on the Death Star in 0 BBY.
- K'Kruhk: Survived Order 66 with the Hawkbat Clan and Chase Piru and rebuild the Hidden Temple with the help of Master Zao. Long after the Purge, he reemerged as a Master and a Councilor of the New Jedi Order.
- Rahm Kota: Survived to join the Rebel Alliance.
- Celeste Morne: Survived in stasis from the Old Republic era. Used as a pawn by Darth Vader, until escaping, living until sacrificing herself to kill Darth Krayt.
- Plett: Survived at a secret base giving refuge to Jedi children.
- Quarmall: Wounded during the Clone Wars. Captured by the Empire where he fell to the dark side, becoming an Dark Side Adept.
- Qu Rahn: Joined the Rebel Alliance; aided Kyle Katarn until his death at the hands of Jerec in 5 ABY.
- T'ra Saa: Survived Order 66 alongside Tholme; rejoined the New Jedi Order.
- Echuu Shen-Jon: Had left the Order after falling to the dark side during the Clone Wars; eventually killed by Darth Vader.
- Tholme: Survived until his death after the Purge's end.
- Vhiin Thorla: Survived the Great Jedi Purge. Captured by Valin Draco and Raik Muun. Forced to kill his master Dorv'Tilsta after he fell to the dark side.
- Vamilad: Survived Order 66 and was shortly thereafter contacted by Antarian Ranger Jilam Kester.
- Zao: Survived Order 66 by virtue of the fact that he was not an active member of the Order. Later helped Master K'kruhk to rebuild the Hidden Temple but left the shelter several month later when a perturbed youngling fled and the two never came back.
- Arligan Zey: Survived after being taken to Mandalore by Maze.
- Tel Angor: Turned to the dark side by an experiment gone wrong. He became a Force Vampire, he hunted down and killed the members of the Order of the Silver Jedi. Eventually left for dead in a derelict ship, he was found later by New Republic troops and set free.
- Knight Fable Astin: Trained as a Jedi by her mother who was a Jedi who had fallen in love with her own Padawan. Fable was raised and trained as a Jedi during the Dark Times, this marked her as one of the few Jedi to live during the reign of the Galactic Empire.
- Beldorion: Survived by falling to the dark side; became a tyrant. Hunted down and killed by Leia Organa Solo.
- Empatojayos Brand: Survived to join the Rebel Alliance. Maimed by Darth Vader, survived to destroy the Empire Reborn.
- Kai Justiss: Survived in hiding; possibly died at the hands of a group of bounty hunters.
- Valin Draco: A respected Jedi during the Clone Wars. Left for dead after the Battle of Parein II 4. He fell to the dark side and became an Inquisitor.
- Elaiza: Survived Order 66 as she was on a meditative retreat after experiencing the horrors of the Clone Wars. Fled to her homeworld of Nar Shaddaa where she disappeared into the crowds of that world in order to hide amongst them.
- Neth Enasteri: Fled to Rhamalai; eventually leaving to avoid the Imperial garrison there.
- Gel: Survived in hiding; eventually discovered and killed by Tol Skaros in 3 ABY.
- Halbret: Placed into stasis by the Kathol in the Pius Dea Era. Later awakened in 8 ABY by the crew of the FarStar. She sacrificed her life in order to stop the DarkStryder.
- Ylenic It'kla: Killed during the Destruction of Alderaan in 0 BBY.
- Jorad: A Jedi Guardian who survived the Great Jedi Purge. Captured by members of the Inquisitorius. Fell to the Dark Side and became an Inquisitor.
- Zalbar Jyvun: Survived Order 66, and hid out on Endor. Joined the Rebel Alliance.
- Kadann: Embraced the dark sde and left the Jedi Order. Joined the Prophets of the Dark Side. Trained Jedgar in the ways of the dark side.
- Jhor-Kai: Lived on the planet Altikar IV. Trained Sha'lia in the ways of the Force. Killed by stormtroopers prior to 3 ABY.
- Jimbo Kinnison: Ousted by the Order; survived to roam the galaxy.
- Matarmeno Krahnn: Went into hiding on Corellia.
- Bardan Jusik: Resigned from the Order during the Clone Wars; survived on Mandalore.
- Shadow Maw: Captured by Inquisitor Jerec; turned to the dark side. Killed by Kyle Katarn in 5 ABY.
- Meloria: Born some thirty years before the Invasion of Naboo. She while on a mission to catch a bounty hunter killed an innocent bystander. She in her grief fled to Drall, and placed herself into cryogenic chamber where she could never use the Force again.
- Nos'lyn: Survived on Tatooine; trained children in the ways of the Force.
- Pann: Survived Order 66, and went underground. Was last seen on Mustafar, as of 1 ABY.
- Jax Pavan: Survived in the bowels of Coruscant solving crime.
- Qid Proko: Survived as a technician on Poderis during the Galactic Civil War.
- Tyneir Renz: Survived to join the Rebel Alliance.
- Aven Rolk: Frozen in stasis in a escape pod. Tried to form a new Jedi Order on Zissh but attracted the attention of Darth Vader. His body was later found in an ice cave. His spirit lingered on as a Force ghost.
- Rorr'hn: Survived Order 66, to join the Rebel Alliance.
- Rune: A Mon Calamari Jedi who escaped Order 66. A bounty was placed on his head and in 1 ABY, he was killed by a bounty hunter and the bounty on his head was collected.
- Seek Ryontarr: A Gotal Jedi who was sent to the planet Nath Goordi to rescue the royal heirs. The heirs never returned to their homeworld. Seek never returned to the Jedi Temple and was placed on a list of missing jedi. Luke Skywalker while traveling to the Sinkhole Station in the Maw. Found out that Seek had joined the Mind Walkers. Seek's body died while he was in the realm of the Force known as Beyond shadows.
- Corwin Shelvay: Survived to join the Rebel Alliance.
- Rachi Sitra: Survived to hunt Dark Jedi during the Dark Times.
- Taselda: Sent to Nam Chorios with Beldorion roughly four hundred years before the Great Jedi Purge. Where they both fell to the Dark Side.
- Damien Tantrellius: Lost his memory, became an actor.
- Dorn Tavers: Survived the intial stages of the Great Jedi Purge. Joined the Rebel Alliance.
- Warl Thimbus: Survived Order 66, joined the Rebel Alliance, commanded Rebel troops at the First Battle of Taul.
- Travgen: Survived on Ossus guarding over the Great Jedi Library.
- Bre'ano Umakk: A Mon Calamari jedi who survived Order 66 and fled to Dantooine.
- Trilinae Untaire: A friend of Darrus Jeht, she survived Order 66, by being dropped off on an unknown world by ARC trooper Mar'ek.
- Urootar: Killed on Kashyyyk by a bounty hunter in 1 ABY.
- Sarn Vals: Unknown fate after being tracked to the Corporate Sector.
- Vergere: Not in the known galaxy at the time; considered lost to the Order.
- Vima-Da-Boda: Survived in hiding on Nar Shaddaa.
- Roni von Wasaki: Kept in stasis from the Expansionist Era; may have joined the Rebel Alliance.
- Suljo Warde: Fought in the Clone Wars. Eventually fell to the dark side and exiled himself to the ancient sith homeworld of Korriban.
- Antaria Wellos: Went into hiding on Rori.
- Knight: Killed by the 501st Legion on the Death Star I after the Purge ended.
- Dragite: Trained by Aqinos. Excommunicated by the Jedi Order. Went into hiding on Dweem with the rest of the Iron Knights. Joined the New Jedi Order.
- Luxum: Trained by Aqinos. Excommunicated from the Jedi Order. Went into hiding on Dweem with the rest of the Iron Knights. Joined the New Jedi Order, during the Yuuzhan Vong War she fell to the Dark Side.
- Ilum: Trained by Aqinos. Excommunicated by the Jedi Order. Went into hiding on Dweem with the rest of the Iron Knights. Joined the New Jedi Order.
- Padawan Bon: Survived Order 66. Transported by Hurd Coyle on his ship. He was later discovered with his friend Nia by clone pilot HOB-147. He spared their lives when Coyle's Ship was boarded by a patrol of clone troopers looking for Jedi Survivors.
- Maris Brood: Survived on Felucia; spared death by the Sith assassin Starkiller.
- Drun Cairnwick: Survived to join the Rebel Alliance.
- Shen-Ji Collun: Dispatched to the planet Daimar, in order to train in diplomacy. When Order 66 was initiated she was spared from being executed. She aided the resistance on the planet when the Empire blockaded it.
- Winslau Da'k: Fell to the Dark Side after having an encounter with Darth Vader. Imprisoned his former master Winslau Da'k's Jedi Master on Morcanth. He was eventually killed by agents from the New Republic and members of the New Jedi Order.
- Dray: Survived Order 66, and became the gatekeeper of a holocron. He eventually made his way to Nar Shaddaa, where he met Finn Galfridian during the Yuuzhan Vong War. He gave Finn the holocron which would only activate for him, eventually Dray revealed himself to be a Dark Jedi.
- Gruu Dunrik: Survived to join the Rebel Alliance.
- Ekria: Survived in hiding after nearly dying at Vader's blade.
- Gerrick: Received training as a Jedi, he was alive during the Galactic Civil War.
- Lagan Ismaren: Survived at Plett's Well; killed by Ameesa Darys.
- Roganda Ismaren: Survived at Plett's Well; fell to the dark side.
- Jedgar: He had visions of both the Clone Wars and the Great Jedi Purge. Left the Jedi Order when he was assigned to the Agricultural Corps. Fell to the Dark Side and was trained by Kadann. Joined the Prophets of the Dark Side.
- Drakka Judarrl: Survived on Dantooine aiding the Rebel Alliance.
- Kendalina: Survived to become a nurse at an Imperial asylum.
- Danaan Kerr:Captured by Darth Sidious; trained in the dark side and set lose on the galaxy.
- Ephaan Kenzon: Survived after resigning from the Order. Opened the School of Hidden Wisdom.
- Sinsor Khal: Survived in the Hapes Consortium as a scientist.
- Lilith: Fell to the dark side and joined the Empire; assisted in hunting Jedi.
- Drake Lo'gaan: Survived an encounter with Darth Vader; went into hiding.
- Nichos Marr: Surivied at Plett's Well; joined the New Jedi Order
- Raik Muun: Dismissed from the Jedi Order. She fell to the Dark Side and Joined the Empire.
- Noirah Na: Survived Order 66 and went into hiding forsaking the Jedi Ways.
- Lora Nadad: Survived the Destruction of the Almas Academy and Order 66. In hiding on Cularin.
- Deran Nalual: Survived Order 66 and the Battle of Kashyyyk. Decided to work to sabotage the Galactic Empire.
- Nia: Survived Order 66. Transported by Hurd Coyle on his ship. She was later discovered with her friend Bon by clone pilot HOB-147. He spared their lives when Coyle's Ship was boarded by a patrol of clone troopers looking for Jedi Survivors.
- Nyo: Trained as a Jedi by the Force ghost of Master Aryzah during the Jedi Purge.
- Ferus Olin: Survived, causing mayhem amongst Imperial-controlled worlds.
- Chase Piru: Survived Order 66 and hid during the Purge at the Hidden Temple with Master K'kruhk and younglings of the Hawkbat Clan.
- Jin-Lo Rayce: Survived the attack on the Jedi Temple; founded the Agents of Ossus.
- Joc Sah: While on a mission on Ragmar V, he was attacked by his former clone soldiers. After defeating them , he was offered to join the local resistance led by Gaan. More clone troopers were sent down to the planet to make sure Sah was dead. With the help of Gaan's militia they fended off the attack and were able to escape. Bother men would lead hit-and-run attacks against the clones on Ragmar V.
- Sardoth: Fell to the Dark Side before the Clone Wars. Helped the Empire hunt down Jedi during the Great Jedi Purge. He was betrayed by the Empire. He fled to Ahakista and became the owner of Daystar Casino.
- Olee Starstone: Survived Order 66. Participated in the Battle of Kashyyyk. Decide to go into exile secretly.
- Kajin Savaros: A young man with an incredible affinity for The Force. He was never selected by the Jedi Order to receive training in order to master his abilities. When the Jedi Order was destroyed as a result of Order 66. Kajin went underground as the Empire was seeking out any force sensitive individuals who would either be killed or made to serve the Emperor. Kajin eventually ran into Jax Pavan, a Jedi Knight who had managed to survive the destruction of the Jedi Order. Pavan took Kajin under his wing and trained him as a Jedi in order to Kajin to have better control over his raw Force abilities.
- Ana Tathis: Trained as a Jedi by Caryn during the Galactic Civil War.
- Antinnis Tremayne: Captured during the Clone Wars. He fell to the Dark Side and became an Inquisitor.
- Glovan Thule: Survived in hiding, not considered a threat by the Empire.
- Codi Ty: Excommunicated by the Jedi High Council; not pursued by Empire.
- Misha Vekkian: Survived Order 66. Fell to the Dark Side and became a Dark Jedi.
- Genel: A member of the Hawkbat Clan. Survived Order 66 and hid during the Purge at the Hidden Temple with Master K'kruhk and the Hawkbat Clan.
- Jiro: A member of the Hawkbat Clan. Survived Order 66 and hid during the Purge at the Hidden Temple with Master K'kruhk and the Hawkbat Clan.
- Nable: A member of the Hawkbat Clan. Survived Order 66 and hid during the Purge at the Hidden Temple with Master K'kruhk and the Hawkbat Clan.
- Onkya: A member of the Hawkbat Clan. Survived Order 66 and hid during the Purge at the Hidden Temple with Master K'kruhk and the Hawkbat Clan.
- Kennan Taanzer: A member of the Hawkbat Clan. Survived Order 66 and hid during the Purge at the Hidden Temple with Master K'kruhk and the Hawkbat Clan.
- Seddwia: A member of the Hawkbat Clan. Survived Order 66 and hid during the Purge at the Hidden Temple with Master K'kruhk and the Hawkbat Clan.
- Sidirri: A member of the Hawkbat Clan. Survived Order 66 but fled the Hidden Temple and her Clan after having used the Dark Side.
- Unidentified Togorian Initiate: A member of the Hawkbat Clan. Survived Order 66 and hid during the Purge at the Hidden Temple with Master K'kruhk and the Hawkbat Clan.
- Unidentified Human Initiate: A member of the Hawkbat Clan. Survived Order 66 and hid during the Purge at the Hidden Temple with Master K'kruhk and the Hawkbat Clan.
- Malleus: Formerly known as Telloti Cillmam'n. Telloti failed to become a Padawan prior to the Clone Wars. While exploring the planet Nicht Ka, he discovered the armor of Warb Null. After the armor gave him visions of the dark side and its power. Donning the ancient armor he forsake his name and identity instead calling himself Malleus. He slew the other Jedi who were with him just as they received a message from Supreme Chancellor Palpatine that the Clone Wars was over and they must return to the the temple on Coruscant.
- Gwellib Ap-Llewff: Captured by the Empire and became an Inquisitor.
- Halmere: Captured by the Empire and became an Inquisitor.
- Jambe Lu: Survived Order 66. Participated in the Battle of Kashyyyk. Decided to work to sabotage the Galactic Empire.
- Lanu Pasiq: Captured by the Empire and became an Inquisitor.
- Nam Poorf: Survived Order 66. Participated in the Battle of Kashyyyk. Decided to work to sabotage the Galactic Empire.
- Sarcev Quest: Fell to the Dark Side and became an Emperor's Hand.
- Valara Saar: Not part of the Order proper; survived in the Unknown Regions.
While many of the Jedi who had survived Order 66 had managed to survive the purge, many more however, were tracked down by the Galactic Empire and killed during the purge in the various battles that occured during it. Many of the Jedi were killed by Darth Vader while the rest were killed by either Imperial Agents or Inquisitors.
- Bodo Baas: Killed by Darth Sidious on Coruscant
- Ashka Boda: Killed by Darth Sidious on Coruscant
- Iri Camas: Killed himself in an attempt to wipe out Delta Squad on Celen.
- Kai Hudorra: Survived Order 66 and went into hiding, forsaking the Jedi ways. He eventually made his way to Kestavel where he became the owner of The Lucky Twi'lek casino. He was recruited by fellow Jedi Dass Jennir and Beyghor Sahdett to assassinate Darth Vader. Their plan went awry when Sahdett betrayed them and revealed himself to be a fallen Jedi working for the Empire. Hudorra wounded the fallen Jedi in a duel then shortly afterwards Darth Vader arrived on Kestavel. Hudorra was killed by Darth Vader in a duel in his own casino.
- Cho'na Bene: Killed by Oniye Namada on Vaklin.
- Borik Yelgo: Killed by Squad 40 on the Coth Fuuras space station.
- Sha Koon: Killed by Darth Vader on Coruscant.
- Beyghor Sahdett: Served as a Jedi General during the Clone Wars. He survived Order 66 only to be captured by Imperial forces. Fell to the dark side and became an agent of the Empire in aiding them in hunting down his former comrades. He contacted Bomo Greenbark in his search for Dass Jennir and was wounded by Kai Hudorra in a duel on Kestavel. Was later executed by Darth Vader.
- Axton Tredway: Killed by Darth Vader on 24 Tredway asteroid.
- Knight: Killed by Darth Vader at the Prism.
- Nax Cirvan: Fell to the dark side during the Clone Wars. Was recruited by Count Dooku to fight for the Confederacy. Was captured by Anakin Skywalker and imprisoned at the Prism. Eventually joined the Galactic Empire and was eventually betrayed by Darth Vader when he blew up the shuttle that Cirvan along with others who had participated in Battle on Coruscant were being transported on.
- Knight: Killed at the Jedi Temple by the 501st Legion.
- Unidentified Human female Jedi: This Jedi managed to survive Order 66 but was eventually captured by the Empire. She along with a few other Jedi survivors including Beyghor Sahdett were brought before the Emperor who encouraged them to fight one another in order to survive under his rule. The Jedi collectively attacked the Emperor who easily bested three of them. This Jedi was murdered by Beyghor Sahdett as he had given into his fear of the Emperor and killed his fellow Jedi in order to survive.
- Dama Montalvo: Killed by Darth Vader on Coruscant
- Sia-Lan Wezz: Killed during the Conclave on Kessel by Darth Vader.
- Ma'kis'shaalas: Killed during the Conclave on Kessel by Darth Vader.
- Shadday Potkin: Killed during the Conclave on Kessel by Darth Vader.
- Bultar Swan: Killed during the Conclave on Kessel by Master Koffi Arana.
- Koffi Arana: Killed during the Conclave on Kessel by Darth Vader.
- Jastus Farr: Killed during the Conclave on Kessel by the 501st Legion.
- Master Roblio Darté: Killed during the Conclave on Kessel by the 501st Legion.
- Tsui Choi: Killed during the Conclave on Kessel by the 501st Legion.
- Master Bol Chatak: Stationed on Murkhana; killed by Darth Vader on Murkhana.
- Siadem Forte: Stationed on Dellalt; killed by Darth Vader on Kashyyyk.
- Knight Iwo Kulka: Stationed on Dellalt; killed by Darth Vader on Kashyyyk.
- Roan Shryne: Stationed on Murkhana; killed by Darth Vader on Kashyyyk.
- Dendro: Killed by Darth Vader on Otavon XII.
- Hylon: Killed by Darth Vader on Otavon XII.
- Unidentified Dark Jedi Padawan: This unnamed Padawan fell to the dark side during the Clone Wars and he joined the Separatist cause against the Republic. On the planet Noctralis, he was cornered by future Moff Trachta and several clone troopers. The Padawan threw a Thermal detonator at Trachta and his troopers. The resulting explosion killed Trachta's clone troopers and grievously wounded Trachta who would rely on cybernetic replacements for the rest of his life. Eventually this Padawan was captured and interred at The Prism, an infamous Jedi prison. After visiting the Prism in order to save a wounded Palpatine, Trachta found this Jedi's name listed among those incarcerated at the prison. Entering this fallen Padawan's cell, Trachta beat the Padawan to death with his own cybernetic fists.
- Niebur Boton: Killed by agents of the Empire.
- Zonder: Stationed on Felucia; killed by Darth Vader on Coruscant in 18 BBY.
- Fy-Tor-Ana: Stationed at the Jedi Temple; killed on the Jedi asteroid by Star Destroyer fire.
- Garen Muln: Stationed at the Jedi Temple; killed on the Jedi asteroid by Star Destroyer fire.
- Ry-Gaul: Stationed at the Jedi Temple; killed on the Jedi asteroid by Star Destroyer fire.
- Geith Eris: Stationed on Belsavis; destroyed by the Eye of Palpatine.
- Callista Ming: Stationed on Belsavis; destroyed by the Eye of Palpatine.
- Laranth Tarak: Survived in the bowels of Coruscant; served as a member of Whiplash. Died of wounds sustained in combat with Darth Vader's flagship in the Twins system.
- Kento Marek: Exiled to Kashyyyk; killed by Darth Vader during the battle of Kashyyyk.
- Denia: Stationed on Cato Neimoidia; sacrificed herself on Prakith.
- Nolor: Fell to the dark side and joined the Empire. Killed by members of the Alderaanian Resistance on Coruscant.
- Morvet Storm: Killed by Darth Vader.
- Dorv'Tilsta: Survived the intial stages of the Great Jedi Purge with his master Vhiin Thorla. Fell to the Dark Side on Almas and was killed by his master Vhiin Thorla.
- Ameesa Darys: Turned to the dark side; Later killed by Arden Lyn.
- Darrin Arkanian: Killed on Coruscant by High Inquisitor Antinnis Tremayne.
- Kazdan Paratus: Stationed at the Jedi Temple; killed on Raxus Prime by Starkiller.
- Shaak Ti: Stationed at the Jedi Temple; killed on Felucia by Starkiller.
- Halagad Ventor: Survived the initial execution of Order 66. He was later captured and tortured by agents of the Empire. During the interrogation Ventor fell to the dark side, then escaped. Around 2 BBY, with the help of a group of Rebels, Ventor was able to let go of the dark side and become one with The Force.
- Galen Marek, Sith apprentice turned Jedi, confronted the Sith Lords Darth Vader and Darth Sidious aboard the Death Star. In the end, with no other viable option left, Galen sacrificed himself by absorbing the Sith Lord's Force lightning with his hands, giving the senators and Rahm Kota the chance to escape.
- Ydra Kilwallen Sibwarra: Killed by the Ssi-ruuk on G'rho in 2 BBY.
- An'ya Kuro: Killed by Darth Vader on Cophrigin V. Her death marks the end of the Great Jedi Purge.
- Dorin Se'ol: Killed by Darth Vader on Volik.
- The Last Curator of Records: Killed by Darth Vader on Toola.
- Aidan Bok: Killed when Darth Vader attacked Space City.
- Gira: Hunted down by Darth Vader. He killed himself after Darth Vader destroyed a shuttle full of Padawans.
- Knight Falon Grey: Escaped to Dantooine; killed by his clone X1.
- Taj Junak: Killed by stormtroopers on Mrlsst.
- Mallie Marek: Exiled to Kashyyyk; killed defending the Wookiees.
- Ranik Solusar: Killed by Darth Vader.
- Knight: Killed by Darth Vader on Talasea.
- The Jedi Purge was only first mentioned in the first Star Wars movie Star Wars: A New Hope (also known as "Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope"), forming part of the film's backstory for the rise of the Galactic Empire and the eradication of the Jedi Knights. The event was first canonically depicted in the 2005 prequel film Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith (also known as Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith").
- In the Battle of Shumari, perhaps the most devastating event of the Great Jedi Purge, Imperial troops legions under Darth Vader's command clashed with a considerable number of Order 66 Jedi survivors. At the end of the battle, all Jedi but one had been killed, many died at Vader's hands. Shumari had been subjected to heavy orbital bombardment by orbiting Star Destroyers while the planetside battle raged, which devastated the planet completely, rendering it uninhabitable and wiping out all the planet's inhabitants. Vader took the lone surviving Jedi as another secret apprentice but was later forced by the Emperor to murder him.
- In contrast, the movies show only Master Yoda and Obi-Wan Kenobi as survivors while others are either killed or were never mentioned. Some think that this is what famed Star Wars director George Lucas actually intended, that according to G-canon, the actual survivors were only two, which is supported by Yoda's line to Luke Skywalker "The last of the Jedi you will be." This statement seems inaccurate if other Jedi were alive as late as after Star Wars: Return of the Jedi (also known as "Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi"), although it could simply refer to Jedi adherents who are still following the teachings of the Order. Many of the survivors ceased to identify themselves as Jedi, despite having Jedi training, in order to exist in the changing galaxy and continue to evade the perpetrators of the infamous Jedi Purge—so from a certain point of view, Yoda and Obi-Wan were the last of the open Jedi. Alternately, it could be that Yoda was simply unaware of other Jedi, or that the other Jedi had either already been hunted down or passed away. During the events of Revenge of the Sith, Obi-Wan changes the beacon in the Jedi Temple to warn any surviving members of the Order away, thus giving them a chance to escape the Great Jedi Purge.