The Kanohi Kraakhan, also known as the Kraakhan and the Mask of Shadows is the Kanohi mask which was wore by Teridax, the main antagonist of the BIONICLE series. It was also called as the Great Mask of Shadows due to it having a large amount of dark powers and a very dangerous power residing in it.
Powers and Abilities
The Mask of Shadows allowed the user to control the shadows and feed fear and/or anger into those affected by its power. It could also let the user see the evil in others. It could also strike non-Makuta who attempted to take the mask with blasts of Shadow, analogous to a car alarm. As a side-effect of being worn by shapeshifters, whenever Teridax and Icarax shapeshifted, the Kraahkan changed with them.
When Reidak tried to steal the Kanohi Kraahkan from the empty armor of Teridax in BIONICLE Legends 4: Legacy of Evil, the mask automatically attacked him with blasts of elemental Shadow until he threw it into the Silver Sea.
- Teridax (Formerly)
- Icarax (Formerly/Deceased)
- Makuta of the Melding Alternate Universe (Gold version of the Kraakhan)
- The Toa would not usually choose to wear the Kraahkan, as they considered its powers immoral.
- The Kraahkan was one of the first 2 masks to have a cross-axle part to connect it to the bearer, the other being the Avohkii.
- There are a total of 4 different shapes of the Kraahkan; the original one that came with Teridax's set, a "movie" version that came with the limited edition Takutanuva set, a second movie version designed to fit over the head of the "Ultimate Dume" model, and a re-released version of the original Kraahkan, having 2 of the 6 slits on the cheeks of the mask filled in. The final version of the Kraahkan was released in gold and black, in the Tower of Toa and Icarax sets respectively.