The Morgana Star is a magical inverted star-shaped sigil that is believed to be the iconic symbol of the Morganians and even named after the legendary witch, Morgana le Fay. The Morgana Star is an opposite to the Merlin Circle (named after the great Merlinean wizard Merlin himself), though they both contain icons within each symbol called "domains" used by spellcasters to learn the art of sorcery and to control their magical powers. The symbol itself is similar to the pentagram, a common sign of witchcraft.
The Morgana Star is shown on Abigail Williams' necklace and the shape of the fire bolts in The Rising. It is also the shape that the renegade sorcerer Maxim Horvath puts on the burger patties using his magic staff to get the attention of a New York fry cook who have never seen such a cane like Horvath's staff since he was a boy.
It is a source of one conjurer's magic like it's counterpart, the Merlin Circle. However, there are 6 domains within the Morgana Star instead of 7:
- Space-Time: Domain that relates to teleportation and astral projection.
- Matter: Domain for the magical usage of matter manipulation (and acquiring the lightning element).
- Elements: Domain for control of the classical elements of nature (primarily water, earth, fire, and air).
- Transformation: Domain for shapeshifting powers.
- Mind: Domain for mental abilities (such as telepathy, second sight, etc.) except for telekinesis.
Each domain has a source for it's own spells.