If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
Satanic Ritual Abuse is an urban legend created by fundamentalist Christian groups to demonize cults, the concept has since become common in fiction dealing with the occult and revolves around Satanic cults using children to commit black magic rituals, involving human sacrifice, spiritual abuse and other crimes.
It was very common during Moral Panics but has been proven false by experts on the field, though it continues to crop up among conspiracy theorists and mass media.
- Black Mass (a dark magic ritual often associated with Satanism, considered a blasphemy of the Mass)
- Human Sacrifice (ritualistic murder of humans to appease demons)
- Deals with the Devil (making pacts with the Devil or higher demons)
- Demon Summoning (the actual summoning of demonic forces)
Portrayals in Media
- Satanic Ritual Abuse is a type of propaganda, similar to the ancient practice of Blood Libel.